Located in Perrysburg, OH, VON ARDENNE North America, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of VON ARDENNE GmbH (Germany) in North America. The main business of this subsidiary includes equipment sales activities for architectural glass coatings, solar photovoltaics, precision optics, and other applications, as well as maintenance service and spare parts sales, support for project installations, and commissioning of VON ARDENNE coating systems.
- Independent design and modification of electrical equipment, mainly for vacuum coating systems and their assemblies with the respective tools (E-CAE systems) in compliance with the functional, economic, scheduling and legal requirements and in accordance with the current state of the art and valid standards (IEC, NEC, UL, as region applicable); in coordination as a team member with the Electrical Design Engineering staff at the VON ARDENNE headquarters,
- Creation of all necessary documentation for downstream processes, as well as for the installation of such equipment at the coating machine,
- Supervision of production and assembly of the designed solutions,
- Developing control logic & power distribution schemes for system-wide operation of vacuum, material handling, metrology, and ancillary support equipment,
- Conducting risk analysis and compliance validation, conformity tests and providing support for technical documentation,
- Revision of electrical drawings after manufacturing, installation, and commissioning of equipment to specification and standards,
- Collaboration on the patent protection of developed solutions,
- Engineering support for commissioning of solutions, assemblies, and systems worldwide, and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, automation engineering, mechatronics, or related field,
- Experience in electrical design, e.g. with E-CAD tools like E³. series or EPLAN,
- Basic knowledge in applicable electrical standards (IEC, NEC, etc.) and CCC requirements,
- Ability to coordinate work between different suppliers and trades,
- Profound understanding of the interactions between mechanical, electrical, and technological components and peripherals,
- Ability to work independently in a reliable, well-structured, and solution-oriented manner,
- Excellent communication skills and outstanding team spirit to work successfully in an international environment,
- Up to up to 25% travel (e.g. to attend training / meetings / customer visits / international)
- Very good command of spoken and written English, speaking German is a plus.
Then we look forward to receiving your application, stating your period of notice. Please apply preferably online via our career portal on our website.
For reasons of better readability, no gender-specific differentiation is made. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders for the purposes of equal treatment.